OER Summit 2021
The OER Summit is Back in 2021.
Due to the uncertainty of the Coronavirus, we had to cancel the 2020 OER Summit. We have heard from many of you about the importance of this summit so we have decided to move forward with the 2021 OER Summit in a virtual environment. We look forward to “seeing” you this year at our virtual event and we remain hopeful for the possibility of more in-person events returning in the coming years.
OER Summit Overview
Building on our previous events and efforts, we are excited to offer the opportunity for Florida stakeholders, of all roles, to come together to work on reducing the cost of textbooks and supplies for our sunshine state students. Faculty, students, librarians, instructional designers, support services, and higher education administrators will not want to miss this year’s event as we explore tools and resources to help them in their OER journey at their home institution.
May 13-14, 2021
Online Virtual Platform
Topics of interest for this year’s summit:
- Sustainable OER
- Peer-review standards
- Library & affordable options
- Grant recipient stories
- Supplementary; Beyond the textbook
- Integrations with the Learning Management System
- Licensing and Copyright
- Applications of OER through EdTech
- Platforms for OER
- Impact of the Pandemic
Check Back Often
We will continue to add updates as we finalize plans.
What past attendees have said about the OER Summit
"I was so pleased to see the excitement and passion from Summit presenters and attendees alike for helping their students be successful through the adoption of OER and open educational practices such as open pedagogy."
Una Daly Director, Community College Consortium for Open Educational Resources (CCCOER) 2019 Keynote Speaker
- I've attended many national conferences and the OER Summit was as good as any. Thank you!
- I plan to come back! One of the BEST Conferences I have ever attended!!!
- Awesome national presenters and professionally executed conference overall.
- Excellent speakers, good faculties, and the FLVC staff were awesome.
- What's not to like? I learned something from every speaker. Great variety!
- Would highly recommend the conference to others.